i have printed all kinds of lovely stationary, prints, and booklets, and the supplies for that bunting are mocking me. since it looks like the storms will make a bike ride impossible, i should have plenty of time.
- My article I stressed over the first half of this week ran today and I was super pleased with how it turned out! Check it out here!
- I am wearing my cheapy cheap new black eyelet dress.
- I went on a super long bike ride with work buddies last night and hope to embark on one with friends again tonight!
- It is Thursday, so tomorrow is FRIDAY! Whoop!
- And after Friday, it is Saturday, when I sleep in a little and sister Kelly turns 20 so we are going to do 20 cool things (even though I tell her that every year and she refuses, this year I will conquer!)
- The weather has been absolutely wonderful here lately. I will take extra rain + giant thunderstorms + cooler than normal temps any July day in Alabama. I saw where it was 108 in Portland this week, or something INSANE like that, and that’s usually how Alabama is, so the 79 degrees it is outside right now is glorious.
- Everywhere I go on campus I see people moving out. I know it isn’t good to take pleasure in other people’s misfortunes, but it is SO nice not to have to pack all my junk up, store somewhere for 3 days while I live like a wandering hobo, and then move it all in somewhere else. Also, moving trucks on my street mean some of my obnoxious neighbors are moving out, as well as obnoxious people in my building, which is always a plus. There is that unknown element of the new neighbors, but they can NOT be worse than who we have had.
Read this week’s column here about a writer at SEC Media Days claiming Florida’s Urban Meyer the new Bear Bryant. He also claims Alabama fans are scared that the reincarnation of the Bear we have been waiting for is happening at Florida. That’s a joke. After our 31-3 ASS WHOOPING on Florida in 2005, I remember we sported shirts saying that said welcome to the SEC to the Urban legend. Some of my favorite bit of the article:
What’s even more absurd is Bianchi saying that Alabama fans are scared of Meyer. Alabama fans aren’t afraid of anyone. If the New England Patriots were suddenly added to the schedule this fall in the opener in place of Virginia Tech, Tide fans would be talking trash about Belichick and Brady.
They are as passionate about Saban as Florida fans are toward Meyer. I don’t know one Alabama fan who would trade Saban for Meyer.
In fact, I think it’s debatable whether Meyer is even a better coach than Saban (everyone knows which of these two coaches inherited more talent). I think what might be a more realistic goal for Florida fans and Florida scribes: Be convinced you have the best coach in the SEC before you started growling you have the man to stand side by side with the greatest who ever lived.
this blog has been so inspiring to read lately. since i have found it several times now and been sucked in every time, i finally added it to my blogs list. i suggest you do, too. its all about being active and eating better.
things that i thought would be impossible, like going one day a week without meat, really aren’t. while sitting here reading about meatless mondays, i realized i hadn’t had any meat at all today! without even trying!
riding my bike has made me feel worlds better lately. i know it’s not quite the cardio workout that running is, but just getting out and moving feels wonderful, especially with the atypical cool weather we have been seeing.
what would you sell?
September 12-MatthewMayfield at the Bama Theater
September 20-Avett Brothers at the Bama Theater
September 24-Ingrid Michaelson at WorkPlay
October 3-Need to Breathe with Matthew Mayfield at WorkPlay
October 16-Will Hoge at WorkPlay
November 8-Joshua Radin at WorkPlay
I could not be more excited.
A little info about Krista that helped me choose my answers. She is pretty fair skinned, with light eyes, freckles, and blond hair. Her husband has light brown/dirty blond curly hair and is pretty fair skinned. Neither are super tall. Actual due date is January 9, but Krista wants that baby out of there as soon as possible, and she would prefer before Christmas so its friends won’t be out of town with family. Here’s my answers.
- Delivery date:12/21/2009 (I like the symetry of 12/21 and refuse to question Krista’s willpower)
- Sex: bouncing baby boy
- Weight:7 lb, 6 oz
- Length:19.5 inches
- Hair/ No Hair:hair!
- Hair color:dirty blond
- Eye color:blue
- Time of Birth:5:57 pm ( so we’re all off of work)
- Length of labor (amount of time spent pushing; we had to get quite specific): 49 minutes
- Hospital room number: 324 (maternity floor of hospital is the 3rd)
We’ll find out at least the sex on Wednesday!
also, don’t talk about how much you despise seagulls while sitting on the beach because they will take that opportunity to crap on your chest