This weekend was great. Blake and I spent a quiet night in on Friday. Saturday morning I woke up and drove over to Birmingham to spend the day and night with the family. We all went to my favorite pizza place that I have missed so much since we moved out of that tiny house in Mountain Brooke, and then my mom and Kelly and I headed to the outlets and Target (where my mom got me this silk blouse for just $25!) We then headed home and sat on the patio with a fire going and this pup hanging out on our laps. We ate dinner and then celebrated with party hats and cupcakes, complete with a trick candle that for some reason tickled me so badly I almost couldn’t blow it out a third time. Yesterday morning I had an early Easter lunch with them and then headed to Blake’s grandparents’ for more cake and family time. We got home early enough to head to the grocery store and have some down time watching TV. A very good weekend that left me recharged and ready for the week.
john mayer cover’s beyonce’s “XO.”
Sometimes I forget how much I love John Mayer. This reminded me.
Help me run for a long time!
While my actual training through TNT’s Flex program won’t begin until early June, I’m trying to prepare myself by reading all the things. This is where I need advice from all of you other runners, particularly those of you who have conquered 26.2 before.
I ordered these guys this morning:
Based off of some initial googling and message board reading, I’m also considering these:
- Run Less, Run Faster (yes, tell me more, this sounds good to me)
- The New Rules for Marathon and Half-Marathon Nutrition (so that I don’t just eat pizza all day every day and wonder why I am sow and feel like crap and am gaining weight even when running dozens of miles per week)
- Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide (the gospel of Hal Higdon)
- Runner’s World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training (It seems like RW is the source of lots of books I looked at)
- The Non-Runners Marathon Guide for Women (as I am a lady who loves a good couch sitting marathon)
Any opinions on these? I’m all ears! Any others you’d suggest or definitely not suggest?
I have been wanting this J Crew Factory scalloped dress for a while to dress up for weddings and showers and events, but I did not want to pay $98 or even $68.50 for this guy. Instead, I found this similar dress at Target for $28 and got another dress for 50% off (as their dresses in store and online are buy one get one 50% off through Saturday!) and used a $5 off $25 coupon to get both dresses for $37 or just over half of what the J Crew dress would cost.
Essentially, I’m telling you to go get some dresses at Target.
Don’t mind me…
…just hitting file on our taxes at 11 pm EST. Hey, at least they’re done!
Sometimes I remind myself that I almost skipped the party, that I almost went to a different college, that the whim of a minute could have changed everything and everyone. Our lives, so settled, so specific, are built on happenstance.
DID I MISS NATIONAL SIBLING DAY?! I hope not because regardless of what you guys say, I have the best sister around. Hands down. No question. Love her for a million reasons and I think she likes me ok even though I’m usually the most annoying ever.
If I’m walking down the sidewalk and you rev your souped up Mustang’s engine right as you drive past me and scare me a lot
then you are a jerk and I hate you.
GUYS! I am so excited. As I mentioned last week, I have signed up to fundraise and train again with Team In Training for the Chicago Marathon!
It has been 3 years since you guys helped me raise more than $3,000 for LLS research as I trained for and completed my first half marathon (San Diego Rock N Roll.) I never dreamed back then that I would be able to 1) raise such a large amount of money or 2) run 13.1 miles. Participating in Team In Training in 2011 kicked off two passions for me. For one, I have since run 3 more half marathons and recently ran my fastest one ever in my hometown of Tuscaloosa. Additionally, I have become a passionate advocate for both Team In Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
As I did last time, I will be running this race and fundraising in memory of our friend Foster Griffith. Foster continues to touch the lives of so many people, and I want to share his story once again with the TNT community. I will also be racing in memory of my dad, Kermit Koenig, who passed away from cancer when I was younger. While he didn’t have a blood cancer, he did have a rare form of cancer, and I know that any research breakthrough through LLS could lead to a treatment that would help those who are fighting any form of cancer as well.
SO! I was hoping for three things from you guys:
- Donations are MUY appreciated (you can donate here: http://pages.teamintraining.org/vtnt/chicago14/kkmundy ) as I’m looking to raise $100 for every mile so $2,620 total! (Don’t worry, I promise not to inundate your feed with fundraising requests!)
- I definitely am going to need some tips on training for and running the marathon - both just the distance in general as well as Chicago in particular.
- Any tips on visiting Chicago? The plan right now is for Brooke to come along with me and it will be my first trip there. I know a lot of you guys live there so I’ll probably repeat this request closer to when we head your way in October. What do I need to know?
Just one week late on this… it’s been chilling in my drafts.
Recap of March Goals
- Renew professional website domain - Yep.
- Get quotes for renter’s insurance - Yep.
- Sunday set up - mostly yep
- Yoga x 3 - nope
- Finish my half marathon -yep, with a shiny new PR!
- Hit 100,000 steps every week - nope - 100,000 may have been a bit ambitious. My battery also died at the end of March but has now been replaced!
- Track my food (and therefore login) to MFP daily - YES! So proud of this one - I ended March on a 37 day streak and was HONEST about what I ate, even if it meant going over my calories for the day. I adjusted my daily goal up at the beginning of the month a bit because 1,200 calories a day is just a little too extreme to me.
- Lose 4 pounds (1 pound per week) - Nope, but did lose about 2.5
- Finish next 21 skills on Duolingo - Yep
- Start Google Analytics Academy - Nope
- Choose and order prints for gallery wall above bed - Yep
- Go through underclothes - Yep
- Read 4 books - Nope - just one.
April Goals - I’m going to focus a lot on my health and fitness goals this month to prep for both a beach trip at the end of the month and Kristen’s wedding in May (6 weeks from this weekend!)
- Hit 100 Pure Barre classes on my birthday which would be at least 13 classes in April.
- Run 5 days each week for the rest of the montheven if it is just 1 mile quickly before or after work. This includes a 5K on the 19th.
- Track my food every day on MFP which would have me at a more than 60 day streak.
- Yoga x 1 before my class package expires
- Flywheel x 1 since they are opening the new studio right by my office.
- Finish my self evaluation and try to schedule my review at work. Making moves!
- Attend one professional networking event or webinar.
- Put winter clothes in storage and go through spring/summer clothes that need to come out of storage and either be donated or live in my closet.
- Read the dang book for book club and have too much fun with all the girls on Sunday.
- Color my hair and get a mani/pedi.
- Finish next 21 skills on Duolingo
- Start planning fundraising ideas for Team In Training (!!!)